Why Choose Pop Warner Spirit?
Thousands of youth participate in Pop Warner cheerleading and dance teams around the United States. Teams participate on the sidelines at football games for home and away games. Teams may also cheer at the Pop Warner Super Bowl. In addition to game day, teams participate in qualifying spirit events (League and Region) and Pop Warner National Championship. The Pop Warner National Cheer and Dance Championships are held in December at Universal Studios in Florida.
Cheer & Dance Information
Each spirit squad is assigned to a football team and cheers at their games as well as compete in the local cheer & dance competition. Cheerleaders at the Mitey Mite level and above may advance to post-season competition, or be required to travel with their football team to post-season games. If a team/squad advances to the Regional level, out-of-state travel will likely be required. Regional competition is currently held Thanksgiving weekend. National competition is held in Orlando, Florida at Universal Studios in December.
Opportunities are provided to participate in 6 age groups:
- Tiny-Mite: Ages 5, 6, & 7
- Mitey-Mite: Ages 7, 8, & 9
- Jr. Pee Wee: Ages 8, 9, 10, & 11
- Pee Wee: Ages 9, 10, 11, & 12
- Jr. Varsity: Ages 10, 11, 12, & 13
- Varsity: Ages 12, 13, 14, 15, & 16
- The Pop Warner season starts August 1st (when it does not fall on a Sunday). Conditioning practices in August are 4 days a week to allow each cheerleader to get the 20 hours needed to be able to participant in the first game of the season.
- Following conditioning, practices will be no more than three nights a week as determined by the coach.
- Football games are played on Saturdays.
- Athletes will be placed on a team based on age, experience and number of participants. Team placement is the responsibility of the cheer commissioner. Requests may be made, but please know nothing can be guaranteed. Team formations are based on the number of participants registered and the ages of those registered. There are no try-outs.
- Your registration includes uniform rental for the season, briefs, and hair accessories. All cheerleaders must purchase their own no-show white socks, black soffee shorts, and white cheer shoes. Purchasing information is provided by us so that everyone gets the right items.
- Dance participants will also need to purchase dance costume and dance shoes for competition.
We will have a local competition in October. Tiny mite performs an exhibition routine, mitey mite compete for local champion title, and the older teams compete for advancement to the next competition! We offer fundraising to help with competition and other expenses.
- We also need spirit volunteers (coaches, assistant coaches, and team moms). Please email [email protected] or call 919-827-1924.
Click here for a cheer coach application.